COVID-19 Protocol at Franklin Homestead & Carriage House
As of Friday, May 14, 2021, the following guidelines will be in use at Franklin Homestead & Carriage House. (CDC guidelines for post-vaccination can be found here. Guidance on masking can be found here.)
New guidelines include:
• Fully vaccinated residents, staff, and visitors may be in the building without face masks if they choose.
• Anyone in the process of being vaccinated and anyone fully unvaccinated must wear masks while in the building and in the presence of others.
• Residents can now host social visits in their apartments with one or two people from the same household at a time.
• Residents may hug loved ones from other households while wearing masks and otherwise maintaining six feet of distance during visits.
• Residents can go for outings with one other household at a time. If going out, residents should avoid busy public spaces as much as possible.
• In addition to serving noon-time meals in the dining room, we will soon begin to serve breakfast and supper in the dining room, as well.
All visitors are still required to sign in and wash hands or use hand sanitizer. Further, if anyone visiting has COVID-19 symptoms or has been exposed to the virus, they will be asked to please not enter the building.
We have requested that residents not gather with multiple households, in crowded spaces, or with anyone who might be at high risk of exposure.
Weather permitting, we’re encouraging residents to visit with loved ones outside as much as possible. The great outdoors is still a far safer space for interaction that inside.